Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I was dismissed by my employer but I have appealed to that

Hi ,
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I was dismissed by my employer but I have appealed to that decision because I believe I was unfairly dismissed.
JA: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I was accused of sexual harrasment . No HR involved or my manager .
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I was full time employed with 4 years service and no any issues like that or any .
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes , please . There wasn’t any grievance raised by that person just statement , process took 1 month , CCTV footage which was only evidence wasn’t presented to me or question that my personal data would be process in it .

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

What do you specifically want to know about this, please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi ,
I was accused of sexual harrasment and dismissed but I believe process wasn’t followed .
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry but problem now for me is definitely money .
Can we exchange few messages please.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There wasn’t any grievance raised just statement of that person ,no witnesses confirming that , CCTV was only
Evidence but again wasn’t provided to me during investigation process only I been showed few second of it during disciplinary hearing .
Also on top of that there was two other chargers one of which was helping myself with drink in the bar but I was served by other employee . I was there out of hours but I didn’t have permission to be there .
As a manager I was investigated by hotel administrator , she told me that she seen the CCTV once again nobody asked me for permission to process my personal data .
Because of all of that I have been prescribed antidepressants and currently out of work for maybe 6 months .
I’ve appealed to that decision and meeting took place on 6 of February . Now employer came back to me saying that he want me to meet in London to show me the footage and after that would make final decision .
Due to my ill health and want to move on from it . Can I ask him to make his decision based on he already got .

Thank you. You can certainly ask them to make a decision based on what they have and without you attending No one can force you to attend a meeting with them and if you wanted to you could not turn up to any future meetings they have about this. That does mean you won’t necessarily get to put your full story forward and they can make a decision based on whatever evidence they already have, but if you are happy with that then you can indeed proceed with it on that basis.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thank you very much

All the best

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If I don't attend can it be held against me

only as far as them making a decision without you being able to provide any further input

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you very much much .
Also if decision wouldn't be upheld. Can I still put pursuit the case through court .

You can do if needed and that would be by making an unfair dismissal claim in the Employment Tribunal

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you very much Ben.
Apologise for not leaving tip but I'm really under at the moment .
Have a nice evening and GOD bless YOU .

Please do not worry about tips, just knowing you re satisfied is enough. ALl the very best