Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We are being targeted verbally by our neighbor, the housing

We are being targeted verbally by our neighbor, the housing won't do anything. And after over 10-15 calls to police, they're mentioning public order and harrassment against him, in the meantime we still feel unsafe in our home, going out because he is so close to us.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have a 10 page noise diary including where he has been aggressive, I have recordings of him fing and blinding up at us, I have video of him going down mystairs, and then a picture I took 15 minutes later of a tissue left on my doorstep. I have contacted my housing, they say is not enough evidence.
JA: Where is the home located?
Customer: England, South East
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing I can think of at this moment

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

You can get a civil injunction.

You would need to complete forms N1:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7

And N16a:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n16a-application-for-injunction-general-form

The Court will set it down for hearing and decide whether to order him to stop contacting you directly or indirectly.

If the Court does and he breaches it, this could be contempt of court, which he may be warned, fined or sent to prison.
This should resolve it for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Will it cost me a lot of money to go the Civil Injunction route?

£308 to issue a claim

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Oh that’s a lot less than I’ve seen. It’s been in the thousands