How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 18354
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I recently had money transfered to my monzo account it was

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i recently had money transfered to my monzo account it was an amount of £10,000
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: they closed my account maybe in suspicion it was a business transaction although it was a personal loan, now they havent refunded the money and its been 4 weeks, and its been a severe inconvenience uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: well ive constantly called gthem and spoken to them but they dont seem to be forthcoming with the reason why they closed the account
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nah thats about it
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry additionally it’s caused me huge financial difficulties as the loan amount was going to be used to help me pay employees of my business and it’s resulting in further costs

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That’s okay

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just want to know if I have a case against them according to banking fairness practice and how to go about starting this case

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request payment within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Does my request of payment include these losses or is only for the 10k

Losses as well, directly associated.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will definitely 5 star rate you after ��

Thanks in advance.

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you

All the best. If I could invite you to rate me 5 stars before you go today by clicking the button at the top of the screen, so the site credits me for the time spent. I am only paid when you rate. if you need further help please click reply. Thanks in advance.