plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

Wanted to ask if you can do an emergency application first

Wanted to ask if you can do an emergency application first thing in the morning with the court, my son is suppose to travel tomorrow with the school but he has a Prohibited steps order in place which was put in place 2014 by his dad
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Both of us send emails to the court before 30th of January telling the court that he is going for a school trip, the court asked for both of us to write that we need the order to be discharged or seek legal advice. I wrote asking for same to be discharged but his dad did not write same.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Dudley
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My son is suppose to be travelling tomorrow by Ferry leaving Dudley at 0730 hours.

Hello, my name is Peter and I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

What exactly does the PSO state?

Presumably as it is a school trip it is not one of you removing him from the UK? And did the father not consent to the trip?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
It states for me not to remove my son without seeking permission. He consented for Nelson to go on the school trip.