Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Buying tickets for Theatres is it UK disability

buying tickets for Theatres is it UK disability discrimination if they charge you a higher price for a wheelchair space than if you were able-bodied you could buy a cheaper ticket?
Hi thanks for your message, the theatre should not be charging more for a disabled ticket that is in an area comparable to surrounding seats. This might not be the cheapest in the theatre though because for example you might have a restricted view seat which might be cheaper. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. My point is that if I wasn't in a wheelchair I could see the show for £40 but have no choice but to pay £94 for a restricted view " seat" which is wheelchair accessible. I know that the discrimination act states that a venue must make reasonable adjustments but why should they charge twice the price for doing so?
Hi thank you for your message, I understand like I say it may be that for example that £40 seat is a worse view, is in a different seating area for example stalls vs grand circle so it is not necessarily an accurate comparison. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.