How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 800
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

I came from Nepal to uk 7 years before with my husband and

This answer was rated:

Hello there, my name is ***** ***** I came from Nepal to uk 7 years before with my husband and has got ILR and I applied for ILR and I been rejected for that . The proposed of applying ILR is to go to university I have got place in university but need to have permanent resident to get funding for university now what can I do to get ILR please give me some advice
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am in uk I have limited leave to remain
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?
Customer: no I haven’t I applied online application for ILR
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question and respond

When does your visa expire?

Are you there?

Lawyer21 and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.

You can attach the letter using the above Paper clip

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
How can I send the pictures of letters from home Office

You need to attach it using the paper clip link

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
If my husband will get the British citizenships can I apply for ILR

The decision states your 2nd extension under 10 year route. Then you switched to 5 year route - you need to complete 5 year - when does the new visa expire. Note, if you have completed 10 year under long residence you would qualify for this once your 10 years is complete.

If you have any other questions please open up a new question/post and ask for my attention - lawyer21!