ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

Bank not responding to my significant loss of sending money

Bank not responding to my significant loss of sending money overseas to a Kayafx a scammer.not resonded
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: not
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: U
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: uK, matter is with Uk Ombudsman who say they will appoint a case officer 9 months after bank failed the 8 week test
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am with Uk financial Ombudsman who say it will 9 months from end October 19 before they can appoint a case officer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Bank ignore claims and do not respond so with Ombudsman. How do I speed the Ombusman back Signifiant £££s
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Speed Ombudsman up to appoint a case officer?
Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be of assistance.
Thank you for your patience.Unfortunately there is no set timeframe within which the financial Ombudsman is required to investigate and resolve a complaint. With difficult cases I have experienced it taking up two years to resolve.
Sorry I wasn’t able To suggest a procedure to adopt to speed up the process. Unfortunately, you will Have to wait for the matter to be resolved.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your response

You are welcome.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
One more question I mailed the Ombudsman at start of July 19 (after the Bank failed to reply) , had then to wait 3 months by the Ombudsman at start of before they would start, then at start of Oct the Ombudsman passed the case back to the Bank for the Bank to settle with me. The Bank wrote and said they would deal with me within 8 weeks as required. I spoke with the Bank, sent 3 mails asking for progress and they did not respond ( still haven’t) so back to the Ombudsman at end of November and then from my call to them on 7 Feb they tell me 9 months till a case officer is appoint from point of time the Ombudsman. Do you agree with the Ombudsman’s string point for counting the 9 months?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ombudsman’s starting point

Are you saying the Ombudsman has said it will be 9 months from you contacting them that they will assign a case officer?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I called on 7 Feb to ask re progress. I had previously called 23 December to find out if the Bank had responded to the Ombudsman with reasons for not adhering to the FCA 8 week regulation and with file copies for the Ombudsman so I wanted an update. The update was the Bank still hadn’t responded and so another mail chaser has now been sent. I then asked when I would be allocated a case officer ( at moment I speak to first person who picks up the call) and I was told there was an internal mail that said a case officer would be appointed 9 months onward and the person told me that the 9 months would start after the event had passed re the October / November session when the Ombudsman has passed on my complaint and the Nank has failed to reply
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Bank
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That’s a long way of me saying YES

Not to worry, I am happy for the explanation. It makes me understand exactly where you are coming from. Did you raise a complaint with the bank before going to the Ombudsman or had you gone directly to the Ombudsman?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I raised a complaint either the Bank first of all on 4 June 19 and then with no response , I then contacted the Ombudsman a month later and then went onto a 3 month waiting list

Thanks for the clarification. I do not then agree with the Ombudsman’s calculation. In my view the calculation should have commenced from the date you first approached them in July as you had at that point exhausted the complaint procedure via the bank.

The difficulty you may find however, is that irrespective of raising this issue with the Ombudsman they may still delay in investigating. As an aside, did you try the fraud helpline with respect to seeing whether the money could have been recovered that route? If you have not done so you could perhaps seek some help from them also, this does not prevent you still pursuing the complaint via the Ombudsman.
action fraud’s details are:

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I went through all processes re recall etc which was all unsuccessful. The Bank generally have ignored me or said its nothing to do with them. But they have never said No.....
All the money passed through the Bank between Aug 17 and Aug 18.No sympathy from what follows :
I found my son hanging from garage rafters August 15. Lost my job finally August 17 , too many breakdowns and then was approached and fell into the trap

I really am sorry to hear all that has transpired. This is truly unfortunate. However I do believe the date being used by them is incorrect.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok , that has been helpful and I will be challenging them on this next week, Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You have a good week end

Thanks and you are welcome!