How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2009
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I work in a very male dominated company. As sales the team

This answer was rated:

Hi, I work in a very male dominated company. As sales the team is all under great pressure. Being the only female I cryed over stress. Recently my employer accused me for being emotionally unstable. I have spoken to HR and mentioned that I felt it was a sexist act. And have giver her a couple of examples that I have been treated differently form all the other males members. The next thing I know I got fired less than 30 minutes outside the office after my chat with the HR. I was instructed to leave immediately. I asked why and both the HR said didn't want me to make a scene. I want to know if I have been treated fairly under the law and if I could sue my employer.
JA: Have you discussed the accusation with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Not with an lawyer. The first time I discussed this with our HR got me fired
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I'm an employee. What do you mean by union?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just did some research. I made an complaint about sex discrimination and I got fired immediately. Is this the case of victimisation ? What can I do?

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to help

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi. Please advise me what can I do. Can I sur my employer?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Could you respond via message please

If you have been discriminated against because of sex and ultimately dismissed you may bring a case against them for unfair dismissal. Employment related claims do have a time restriction of three months as such you are advised to act quickly.
The rules require that you first attempt to solve this via mediation. You may do so via the free government body referred to as ACAS. They are mandated to give impartial advise and are also able to negotiate with your previous employers on your behalf. If after having tried ACAS, the matter is not resolved, the. You may bring a claim via the employment tribunal

please see below information for ACAS.

I do hope I was able to assist. Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance. Kindly indicate whether you have accepted the answer given by clicking on the stars at the top of the page.

All the best


Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi thank you for your help. Could you explain more about what you mean by, bring a claim via the employment tribunal?

You are welcome.
The employment tribunal is where you would go to essentially sue someone for unfair work practices.
the rules however require that you attempt to resolve the matter via ACAS before going to the employment tribunal.

here is a link to how you may sue someone there:

ReadyLaw and other Law Specialists are ready to help you