How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3920
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

My son was smoking cannabis with his friend last night in my

This answer was rated:

Hi my son was smoking cannabis with his friend last night in my sons car. They were parked in a recreation ground car park. It was 10pm and they saw a police car come flying towards them so they got scared and ran away. My son wasn’t caught but his friend was.
JA: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: My sons friend was searched and so were the two cars. They were looking for armed robbers as there had been a robbery at a local co op store. Theyve left police contact details and have asked my son to get in contact. Please can you advise what will happen? Will my son have to go to the police station? He’s very scared and I’m so upset and disappointed with what he’s done. I really need to understand the complexity of this please?
JA: Where did the robbery occur?
Customer: In Chalfont st Giles in Buckinghamshire
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Hi thank you for your message, so in essence your son should get in touch with the police they may wish him to go in for an interview. At this stage this is likely to be voluntary so he does not have to go but refusing to do so may arouse suspicion further. If your son was in a position to drive (you mentioned two cars) then driving under the influence of drugs is a serious offence and he should get a criminal lawyer before speaking to the police. If he wasn’t driving whilst the possession and consumption of cannabis is a criminal offence, if your son admits it or is found guilty and it is his first offence he may just get a caution. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Jeremy Aldermartin and other Law Specialists are ready to help you