Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a CCJ I provided services writing and drafting to

I have a CCJ
I provided services writing and drafting to someone and he wasn’t happy.I didn’t know he went court and entered CCJ by defaultI was never served with any notice as I had moved the house where notice was served and I have proof of that as at the time of service I was living in another cityFurther I have retainer agreement, worked I carried out copies of that as evidence that I completed work agains funds I received.Please advice what I should do, how can I apply court to quash CCJ and what grounds should I use. I would appreciate if someone can assist me in this matterThank you

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I want to know how to go about this CCJ challenge and what level grounds I can use to defend?

You need to apply to set aside. You can do this by completing form n244

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n244-application-notice

The court will set the matter down and decide ether to set aside. You need to show you have a defence to the claim.

The court fee is £255.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you so much for your response

Pleasure