12826847

My partner of 21 years died last March. His son and

My partner of 21 years died last March. His son and accountant are the Executors. My partner was a millionaire. He always assured me that I would never have to worry about money. His son, after his death assured me I could stay in the house and bills would be paid. My partner had paid a monthly allowance into my account of appox £2300. When I asked about maintenance, he replied 'you have your pension'. The accountant was requested several times to provide me with a copy of the Will last May but this was not forthcoming. I appointed a lawyer in October to claim under the 1975 Inheritance Act. She applied to the Probate Office and found Probate had been granted several weeks before and I was a beneficiary, ie I could live in the house until death with an estimated sum of £30,000pa for household accounts at the discretion of the Executors. My lawyer wrote asking for estate accounts in November ad requesting they instruct their lawyers, No answer. She then chased again in December and their lawyer answered just before Xmas saying they could deal with it after Xmas, still no reply. Of course all this is costing me money and there is a deadline of 23 April, 6 months after probate. I have not heard back from lawyer. is there any way I myself can approach a Judge to get immediate costs against them. They obviously are hoping I will run out of money. They did ask me to meet up with them but this was after my lawyer was instructed and obviously in contempt of the Court process. Not allowing me to see the Will was also I understand illegal. I would point out the accountant is a professional accountant
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I have a copy of the Ill, my bank statements showing my partner's payments. I have been assured I hve a very strong case but I haven't really got the money for a long drawn out case unless a judge makes an Order for hm to pay my osts. Thy are obviously delaying so that my costs go up and do not seem to want to mediate.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think thas it.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am home at the moment pn 01923 869385 which has better reception than my mobile