LegalNinja
LegalNinja, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
103518254

I am a fully qualified driving instructor claiming £930

hi, I am a fully qualified driving instructor claiming £930 unpaid fees for 36 hours of tuition. Through mediation from a third party, we can to an agreement. I think I was a bit naive and informed the court payment was agreed, I no longer wanted to take matter further. Since then no monies received and further contact from defendant.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: can I start claim again? Manchester England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing further wasn’t too sure what steps to take
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I reinstate claim, at the time pupil I was teaching was 17 he now 18, can I pursue him for outstanding payment

Yes you can now pursue the debt from the pupil.

How were proceedings left? Did you hear from the Court after you contacted them?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Will this count as a fresh claim and not abuse of the process
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’ve just sent you a payment of £44 can I get this refunded please
Customer: replied 18 hours ago.
Hi, I need some further advice on an on going claimed. As previously explained I was in negotiations with the defendant to settle the claim we were very close to coming to an agreement, so I naively informed the court the claim was settled on the understanding that I was close agreeing a settlement. Since then I have not received any monies.
Can I start a fresh claim the initial claim was with the parent of the pupil I was teaching, now the pupil is 18 can I pursue him for outstanding payment?
Customer: replied 18 hours ago.
If so could you advise me correct procedure and the correct form that I have to submit