How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalNinja Your Own Question
LegalNinja, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 429
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
LegalNinja is online now

I am a fully qualified driving instructor claiming £930

This answer was rated:

hi, I am a fully qualified driving instructor claiming £930 unpaid fees for 36 hours of tuition. Through mediation from a third party, we can to an agreement. I think I was a bit naive and informed the court payment was agreed, I no longer wanted to take matter further. Since then no monies received and further contact from defendant.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: can I start claim again? Manchester England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing further wasn’t too sure what steps to take
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I reinstate claim, at the time pupil I was teaching was 17 he now 18, can I pursue him for outstanding payment



Yes you can now pursue the debt from the pupil.

How were proceedings left? Did you hear from the Court after you contacted them?

LegalNinja and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Will this count as a fresh claim and not abuse of the process
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’ve just sent you a payment of £44 can I get this refunded please
Customer: replied 18 hours ago.
Hi, I need some further advice on an on going claimed. As previously explained I was in negotiations with the defendant to settle the claim we were very close to coming to an agreement, so I naively informed the court the claim was settled on the understanding that I was close agreeing a settlement. Since then I have not received any monies.
Can I start a fresh claim the initial claim was with the parent of the pupil I was teaching, now the pupil is 18 can I pursue him for outstanding payment?
Customer: replied 18 hours ago.
If so could you advise me correct procedure and the correct form that I have to submit