Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Joined gym at ramada hotel at 35 pounds per month first

Joined gym at ramada hotel at 35 pounds per month first month they took 51 pounds so cancelled direct debit now they saying I owe 800 pounds for 12 months
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Birmingham uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Non yet just had phone call from crs
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Was not told 12 month contract

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

What is their cancellation policy and did they provide an explanation as to why they didn't take the monthly amount of £35?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
28 days but they say I was 3 days late

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

So were you late in paying them and did they have the contractual right to take more than the 35 pounds?