Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

Hope this will make sense!! West Yorkshire Mytholmroyd, The

Hope this will make sense!!
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: West Yorkshire Mytholmroyd
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The landlady has given our neighbours a verbal and written warning regarding their unacceptable behaviour of arguing and shouting. In the written warning it states that they have beached their tenancy agreement and if this behaviour continues then they will be served a section 21.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: After more complaints raised she is now saying by law she can’t do anything else? Is this true?

Welcome to JA

The landlady can do a lot more such as evict the tenants on basis if breach of the tenancy given the neighbours behaviour arguably amounts to antisocial behaviour. Further if the neighbour refuses to leave the property she can commence court proceedings to obtain a court order forcing the neighbours to leave.

An alternative route is given this can amount to a nuisance you or the landlady can report them to the local council who can take action by serving a notice in the neighbours to stop such action and if they fail to do so further actions will be undertaken.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

However if I have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
How can I word it to the landlady as she is adamant she can’t do anything but I could do with facts of the law in dealing with tenants and what rights when someone is in breach of their tenancy agreement please
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you that would be much appreciated
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Sorry I thought it was £5 I can not afford anymore

Given this is a second query please rate the assistance provided and once rated I will proceed to tackle the second question at no further costs.

Please do not open a new question as I will proceed to answer it on this post.

The landlady can use on the grounds under section 8 of the Housing Act.

Please see the link below for further information.

https://www.gov.uk/evicting-tenants/section-21-and-section-8-notices