How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1958
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

Hope this will make sense!! West Yorkshire Mytholmroyd, The

This answer was rated:

Hope this will make sense!!
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: West Yorkshire Mytholmroyd
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The landlady has given our neighbours a verbal and written warning regarding their unacceptable behaviour of arguing and shouting. In the written warning it states that they have beached their tenancy agreement and if this behaviour continues then they will be served a section 21.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: After more complaints raised she is now saying by law she can’t do anything else? Is this true?


Welcome to JA

The landlady can do a lot more such as evict the tenants on basis if breach of the tenancy given the neighbours behaviour arguably amounts to antisocial behaviour. Further if the neighbour refuses to leave the property she can commence court proceedings to obtain a court order forcing the neighbours to leave.

An alternative route is given this can amount to a nuisance you or the landlady can report them to the local council who can take action by serving a notice in the neighbours to stop such action and if they fail to do so further actions will be undertaken.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

However if I have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.


Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How can I word it to the landlady as she is adamant she can’t do anything but I could do with facts of the law in dealing with tenants and what rights when someone is in breach of their tenancy agreement please
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you that would be much appreciated
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry I thought it was £5 I can not afford anymore


Given this is a second query please rate the assistance provided and once rated I will proceed to tackle the second question at no further costs.

Please do not open a new question as I will proceed to answer it on this post.

Anthony Chendo and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

The landlady can use on the grounds under section 8 of the Housing Act.

Please see the link below for further information.