JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I have been diagnosed with Hep C which I believe happened in

Hi, I have been diagnosed with Hep C which I believe happened in 1976 following and RTA. My claim has been rejected because he records have been destroyed. The rejection is based on the fact that the injury, in their opinion, would not reuire blood transfusion. However I was informed at the time that needed blood as I had lost a lot. Please advise
JA: In what state did the injury take place? And do you have medical records or other documentation?
Customer: The injuries were caused by a Road traffic accident. I needed in excess of 30 stitches and was losing blood very quickly. The damage was such that they were unable to give me annesthetics. The only record I have is a note about the admission and a brief note of injuries but no treatment records.
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: I have filed a claim which has been rejected on the balance of probabilities.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK & Republic of Ireland) happy to help you today.

A no win no fee lawyer would only take on the case if there are good prospects of success, i.e. 51% (or it is too risky for them for not getting paid to act for you). However, some firms would look in to your case in more detail than others - the one I recommend is Serious Injury Law Solicitors - www.seriousinjurylaw.co.uk and telephone: 0800 616681

Your witness evidence would be key (and anyone else who could confirm what you allege) - medical records would normally be essential - though if a medical expert (the law firm would instruct one for you) says that the Hep C was as a result of the RTA, their evidence would be used to advance a claim on your behalf. There is a limitation issue with the accident occurring so long ago but the limitation period can be set aside if the medical expert can address this in their evidence too.

I hope this helps? If you would kindly leave me a 5 star rating (at the top of your screen), any follow up questions are welcomed and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim