Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I pay online ( bank transfer) for the car which never

Hello my name is***** pay online ( bank transfer) for the car which never arrived :( I rapoport the case on police and to my bank , I transferred my many from Lloyds bank to another Lloyds bank account . After a week my bank send me 50% mony back. Is any chance to get the another 50% back ?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Bury st Edmunds
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I spoke with bank
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Bank send me this letter.
Hi thank you for your message, do you know the name of the company or person you paid and their address?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
unfortunately it turned out that this company is fake and robs people's money... :(

H thank you for your message, well provided you have the business address you might want to bring legal action but realistically it is unlikely you can recover the other 50% even with the further legal action. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for yours answer but I still don't understand why bank send me 50% ? Did I can send any official letters to the bank and ask them to refund full amounts ? I just confused why bank send me 50% I was thinking that they refund me or 100% or nothing.

Hi thank you for your message, clearly the bank has decided to refund the 50% in essence their reasoning appears to be that you did not do enough to try to make sure you were not being scammed but they also did not have sufficient protection in place and therefore they have refunded you half as they might be held to be half to blame, the other half is your fault. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
But I check ( or I thinking that I check this company) properly and one of the raison why I transfer the mony was that the account was in the same bank (Lloyds) what my one, I just don't understand why I can't get all amount back , I was thinking that Lloyds bank has insurance on case like this. Do I can put this case to court ?

Hi thank you for your message, yes I understand you thought you checked thoroughly enough but Lloyds disagreed and clearly as it was a scam they are entitled to think you did not check properly. It is up to them to decide if they reimburse you or not. You can take the matter to court if you wish but you are extremely unlikely to win, the banks have to have the discretion to be able to refuse not to reimburse people when they lose money by being scammed. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.