How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 78083
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

In 1969 I was a victim of a life changing assault by 3

This answer was rated:

In 1969 I was a victim of a life changing assault by 3 individuals on the orders of a crime boss. Only one person was charged and convicted. The crime boss is dead as are 2 of the 3 who attacked me. Would I have any recourse with the surviving member of the hit squad as I believe tgisxwas a conspiracy and all should have been prosecuted. The surviving member has significant assets.
JA: What was the conviction for exactly? Have all appeals been exhausted?
Customer: The conviction was for attack with a deadly weapon. The original charge was attempted murder but was changed !
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: In North Yorkshire 1969
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have not made any requests or appeals to athourities. I was the victim.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

how can I help?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, do you have a response to my question ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Did you see my question ?

You post above does not contain a question.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
In 1969 I was the victim of a life changing attack by 3 individuals on the orders of a crime boss. One person was charged and convicted. But nobody else involvedcwas charged. The crime boss is dead as are 2 of the 3 men involved. The surviving member has significant assets. I believe this was a conspiracy and all involved should have been charged. Do I have any recourse legally against the surviving member ?

Thank you.

You are out of time to Sue I am afraid. You had 3 years from the date of the incident to bring a personal injury claim and obviously that has long since expired. If you want to Sue now then you would have to get around the limitation act which is quite difficult to do and I cannot immediately see a basis.

There is no reason that historical crimes cannot be charged although I must say that they tend not to do that with violence.

I'm very sorry but that is the reality.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 6 months ago.
really no recourse at all, not even under human rights ?

Not really.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thank you. Seems unfair really !

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile

Jo C. and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you