12826847

I am currently on bail for a completely trumped up domestic

I am currently on bail for a completely trumped up domestic abuse charge. I was initially on bail for 3 weeks, it was then extended for a further 8 weeks and now, on the back of further fabricated acts dating back 20 years, they have requested a further 6 months bail. My question is, can this be heard without me being interviewed so I can ascertain what these accusations are and defend myself
JA: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the domestic abuse charges?
Customer: Not as yet. I have only been dealing with the police appointed solicitor
JA: Where did the domestic abuse occur?
Customer: In my home
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

How did they bail you without interviewing you? or do you mean she has made further allegations?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Originally bailed for the first accusation with interview but no interview or indeed indication of what the further allegations entailed which they are now applying for a further 6 months bail

The short answer is that they can do this. It isn't particularly in their interest to do this as ultimately interviews our evidence gathering exercises that act in their favour generally rather than in yours. However if that is their wish then that is their wish.

you can't demand a further interview and generally speaking it's better not so. Interviews are not particularly pleasant experiences and they usually only act in favour of the Crown.

The only advantage would be that you would be able to hear the allegation early but then it may change. I understand you want some certainty but that isn't really available during the course of the investigation of domestic twaddle am afraid.

I can call but I have already answered and a call will increase costs.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks for your reply, I think we can skip the phone call. Regards

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/