Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have an 800-word article that I would like to publish

Hi there. I have an 800-word article that I would like to publish online and I'd like to get it checked for potential libel and/or defamation.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Peterborough, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've simply written the article.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything right now.
What is the article concerning?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Jeremy. It's about an organisation that is misleading customers by having a brand identity similar to our organisation. It doesn't name the company but will show the 'passing off' branding.
Hi thank you for your message, the truth is a defence to a libel action so provided what you write is true then you have an absolute defence to any libel action. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It is all true, Jeremy. I even have emails from customers who were misled, too. That's great. Thanks. Have a good weekend.