ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

There are false allegations of rape against my son on

There are false allegations of rape against my son on instagram and I want to know how I can help him
Assistant: Have rape charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: No, no police involvement as yet
Assistant: Where did the rape occur?
Customer: Actually there are two counts alledged. Both false. There is no evidence. But they were supposed to have happened here under my roof
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Its escalating as group chats are being set up to ruin his reputation. Im worried for his safety

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be of assistance.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Have you read my message?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I dont want to switch to phone call
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ive just paid £38 im not paying another £44
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you actually even there?
Thanks for your patience.

There are two course of actions which your son/you may take to what seems to me to amount to bullying and/or the making of defamatory statements.

Firstly, your son may make a report to the police on the basis of cyber bullying. This may ultimately get out of hand anyway and he may be faced with being investigated by the police on the basis of these allegations of rape. If it is not true, I would recommend that you report it to the police immediately. You may want to show them copies of the text messages etc. and request for this to be investigated.

Secondly, he may bring a civil action against on the basis of them essentially defaming his character. I would recommend in these circumstances for him to firstly write a letter to the respective persons highlighting that their statements are untrue and if they continue that he will be pursuing civil actions against them for defamation.

I hope this helps. Do let me know if I may further assist.

Kindly indicate whether you have accepted the answer given by clicking on the stars at the top of the page.

All the best

RL