ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Advocate
Experience:  Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
104128041

Recently my wife left our shared home and moved into a

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Recently my wife left our shared home and moved into a council house. We have not been getting on particularly well although we were civil and co parenting our daughter
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No not yet, I was advised to try mediation
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Oxfordshire
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that I have had no opportuntiy to discuss arrangements and my wife has taken over the care as if she is the main parent without my agreement.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assist

Are it your wife has moved out with your child/children?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Yes she has moved out with my daughter.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
She was deceptive about her intentions and has since assumed sole responsibility without any discussion or consent from myself.

Thanks for the information. Kindly give me a minute I am typing a response to you.

Your wife is not entitled to assume sole decision making duties with respect to your daughter. You should be consulted in relation to her.

What to do?

The court requires that parents demonstrate that the first either attempted mediation or conducted mediation prior to making a formal application to court for parental responsibility. I would recommend therefore that you write to mother proposing mediation.

you may be able to locate a local mediator here:

https://www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk/

if after attempting mediation you cannot come to an agreement or, if she refuses to attend mediation you may make an application to the court for an order with respect to your involvement in your daughter’s life. You may make the application using the below form.

It costs £215 to apply for a court order.

please see form below

https://www.gov.uk/looking-after-children-divorce/apply-for-court-order

I hope I was able to assist. Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Kindly indicate whether you have accepted the answer given by clicking on the stars at the top of the page

All the best

RL

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you. She has already refused mediation so I guess it will have to be a court order

You are welcome. Yes you may submit the application to the court.