How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6361
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

My uncle passed away in sept of last yr, his solicitor is

This answer was rated:

My uncle passed away in sept of last yr, his solicitor is the executive. I am the only family member left, i need to get hold of his solicitor for answers as what is happening to his house. But they are not answering my emails or phone calls! Also a person is saying she his his neice which she isnt. But the solicitor seems to be contacting her and not me!!
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I have tried to contact solicitors but they will not respond to my emails or phone calls.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Reading Berkshire, but my uncle lived in Cheadle . Staffordshire.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The person that is saying she is the niece as emptied my uncles house and arranged the funeral and seems to control everything.

Hi thank you for your message, I recommend you contact the legal ombudsman to intervene as a matter of urgency, they can be contacted here:

You can also contact the police regarding the supposed niece and the potential probate fraud on the non-emergency 101 number.

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Jeremy Aldermartin and other Law Specialists are ready to help you