ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

How can I get a visit visa to the UK after being refused

How can I get a visit visa to the UK after being refused twice?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am from Nigeria,a recognised refugee in Greece
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. I did had a British boyfriend but we broke up when I couldn't get a visit visa so I want to know if I can still apply for a visit visa since weren't together anymore and what can of prove I have to provide since I am a recognised refugee here in Greece

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question and respond

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok am waiting

Sorry just give me a few minutes dealing with another client - thank you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok no worries

Why was your refused for visit visa?

Yes you can still apply for a visit visa to the UK.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My visit was first refused in 2018 when I applied to visit my boyfriend who's now my ex now that I was coming to visit him for 3month but in my cover letter I stated one year but my flight itinerary was 3months and which was a mistake also in same cover letter I wrote" am visiting my boyfriend and family I was actually talking about my boyfriend's family but the ECO took that statement as my own family. This was why it was refused at first. In 2019 I applied again to come visit my ex it was also refused on based on my first mistake and something else I can't remember

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assist

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is it possible to send the two refuser letters here?

What’s your status in Greece? Were you granted asylum or is it still being processed?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have been granted asylum and also I am due to apply for citizenship but I can't apply for Greek citizenship now because I have to go to class
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I hold a 3 years resident permit
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My second application for a visit visa was done by a solicitor in the UK but it was refused
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello, is anyone here?

Kindly give me a minute to review and respond. This is an email service so at times there may be a slight delay in responses. I will however provide a detailed response.

When did you make the two applications for visit visa?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The first one in 2018 and the second one in 2019
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was with my boyfriend when I did the application but now we're not together

Were you granted refuge status at that point?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My first application I did it myself and the second one was done by a solicitor in the UK

My question is whether at the time of the applications to the UK you had been granted refugee status in Greece?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was told by the solicitor after the refuser to go for a Pre-action protocol but I was scared to do it
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have been granted refugee status

You do not seem to be answering the questions that I ma asking.

That being said however, I would not recommend that you resubmit an application for a visit visa at this time. You have made two applications relatively closely and the reasons for previous refusal may be used against you. Upon obtaining your Greece citizenship you will be able to travel to the UK visa free.

I hope this helps. Do let me know if I may further assist. Kindly indicate by clicking the stars at the top of the screen whether you accept this answer.

All the best

RL

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can't get a Greek citizenship now
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello!

I do understand that you have to wait to be eligible for the Greek citizenship. However, you may apply agains for the UK visit visa but I would recommend that you wait before doing so, as it is like jelly that you may be refused again.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can't get the greek passport now it takes years

I understand

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What do you advise?

Please read my advise above. I have said to you that a further application now for a visit visa is not advisable. I have advised you to wait. This may not be the answer you were looking for but I am required to give you clear honest answers. You are of course welcomed to seek alternative guidance.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thank you!

You are welcome!

ReadyLaw, Lawyer