How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1972
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

I have sent some money to a friend’s bank account amd after

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have sent some money to a friend’s bank account amd after the agreed time he is not given it back to me
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: he asked me via WhatsApp (I have it tracked) and he confirmed the terms of our deal none, you are the first person
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am calling and chatting to him but so far I haven’t received any explanation


Welcome to JA.

Was there an agreement in place on when the money will be returned to you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
via WhatsApp

Are we past the deadline date and if so what is the reason for not returning the money?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The deadline is past and as per the reason I haven’t been given any. I have tried to contact him but he replied vaguely. What if he is declaring bankruptcy?


Thanks for your patience.

I suggest you undertake the following steps ASAP.

Write a letter to the debtor.

  • At the top of the letter out the words LETTER BEFORE ACTION.
  • Within the letter describe why the debtor owes the amount in question and most importantly the deadline to pay has passed and still no payment received.
  • Demand payment within 14 days and if no payment received you will commence court proceedings.
  • If the amount is below 100k then I suggest you file a claim using the link below.
  • Further the guidance attached will assist you with filling the claim to recover the debt

Please see attached

Anthony Chendo and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

By declaring bankruptcy does not affect your current position because the assessor may review the debtors finance and conclude the debts can be satisfied