How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6366
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

Need to know about stamp duty, england west midlands, google

This answer was rated:

hello need to know about stamp duty
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: england west midlands
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: google searches
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
if i am first time buyer for property uk and i get mortgage with my dad, will the stamp duty be halved or will we have to pay full stamp duty on property worth £200,000 as my dad already owns a property
You will have to pay full stamp duty plus the additional 3% stamp duty for a second home as your dad already owns a property. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Jeremy Aldermartin and 6 other Law Specialists are ready to help you