UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Experience:  8 years legal experience
106125879

Basically i was in a car with my friend, i told him i was

Basically i was in a car with my friend, i told him i was insured and had a license (but i dont). He has been charged with aiding and abetting. But he is innocent. What can i say so he doesnt get charged
JA: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the aiding and abetting charges?
Customer: Yes 24th
JA: Where did the aiding and abetting occur?
Customer: Main road
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we rolled back into a police car

Hello, I’m a solicitor and I’m happy to help with your question today. There may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can. Please bear with me if I need to ask you some clarifying questions. Thank you.

Hi please explain what he was aiding and abetting?

Are you being charge with driving without insurance?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
They are trying to charge him for allowing me to drive but it was my idea
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Im being charged driving no license and no insurance

Was it his car?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The car is in my name

Ok, to clarify, you are the owner and registered keeper of the car?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Yes

Ok thanks. Well, they would need evidence that he was aiding and abetting. The fact they don’t have this (their allegation is based on circumstantial evidence) and additionally, the fact you can testify he wasn’t will help get him off.

Please let me know if I can clarify anything further for you. Please also leave a rating. You can do this by clicking the stars at the top of the page. Thank you. John.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thanks for that

Pleasure. Happy to help. Return to the site if you need further help. Please also leave a rating by clicking the stars at the top of the page. Or just respond to me to confirm you are satisfied with my answer and your service? Thank you.