Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Under GDPR can anybody access my files at school? Quote me

Under GDPR can anybody access my files at school? Quote me the act or send me the link please
Hi thank you for your message, under the GDPR guidance issued by the EU who introduced the regulation they state: “ The GDPR applies strict rules for processing data based on consent. The purpose of these rules is to ensure that the individual understands what he or she is consenting to. This means that consent should be freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous by way of a request presented in clear and plain language. Consent should be given by an affirmative act, such as checking a box online or signing a form.When someone consents to the processing of their personal data, you can only process the data for the purposes for which consent was given. You must also give them the opportunity to withdraw their consent.” It therefore follows that if you did not give consent to them to access your financial information they aren’t allowed to just do it. Furthermore, institutions that hold such information cannot just give it without the informed consent of the data subject ie you. Finally, accessing someone’s personal information without their consent might also constitute a criminal offence depending on how it was accessed. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Great thank you.