How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 18346
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I found out about a CCJ issued to me when I checked my

This answer was rated:

Hi, I found out about a CCJ issued to me when I checked my Credit file in January which was issued in May19 to my old address.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Cheshunt, hertfordshire. the CCJ is at Edmonton court
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: since finding out in January, I sent an application to set aside giving proof of change of address and details of family illness during the time of my house move.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I applied for help with court fees along with the application. the application was made on the 22 Jan. They have refused help with court fees and sent the application back
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had evidence sent with the applications some were medical records, confidential records which is sent to the old address. What should I do?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My application to set aside along with the evidence which were personal records were sent to my old address by court. I have not lived in this address since Aug 2018.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you tell me what I should do regarding court sending it to the wrong address?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
are you able to answer my question via chat?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It looks like you are busy thanks for your tiime

So was the application refused or dealt with

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
application sent back to the old address

Ok. Have you applied again since?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
found out about it yesterday. What I want to know is what should i do about court sending it to the wrong address?

You need to re apply to the court. Outline it was sent back to the wrong address

A judge is likely to re consider it. Bearing in mind it’s the courts fault that it was sent to the wrong address.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and 6 other Law Specialists are ready to help you