Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I was caught speeding on the 30/12/2019 by a unmarked police

Hi. I was caught speeding on the 30/12/2019 by a unmarked police car that followed me, they gave a ticket and said they intend to prosciutto, I have just only got the notice through (conditional offer of fixed penalty) on the 10/02/2020, 6 weeks after the offence. Can I appeal the ticket under time barred? Kind regards.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Cheshire
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: no.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks. Just need to know if it’s time barred. Thanks.

Am sorry to hear about the situation.

Given the police communicated to you verbally that they intend to prosecute at the scene you will struggle to avoid the charges brought against you. If this notice to prosecute wasn't communicated then you arguably avoid the fine based on the 14-days rule.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

However if I have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.

Please note rating does not come at any extra costs.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for clarifying.

Your welcome.

Have a good day