Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Last night I ended up drinking, after we finished I knew I

Last night I ended up drinking, after we finished I knew I was not able to drive home, so we had to sort a lift home, so we went back to my car so my friend could charge his phone and sort a lift for all of us, however a police car came and parked next to me, used a breathalyser on me and took me to the station, I have a court date set for the 2nd of March is there anything you can help me with as I’m 19 and my job requires me to drive so I will lose that, and will struggle to find another job.
JA: What were you and the I charged with exactly? Are there any upcoming court dates?
Customer: Being drunk in a Vehicle I believe, court date is set for 2nd f March
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: Hayward’s Heath
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else no

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Was the engine on?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Unfortunately it was as I needed it on so the charger could work, as the battery is too weak and would have died without the engine on

Why couldn’t you just have the ignition on?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Because my battery has a tendency to die if I just have the ignition on

Were you in the drivers seat? Did you have belt on?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was in the drivers seat and I didn’t have the seat belt on, we were sat there for about 5 minutes before the police car showed up

Ok. They would have to show you were intending to drive. You can plead not guilty and have a trial.

The court would need to be satisfied you were going to drive. If not you would be not guilty.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will rate you 5 stars, just want to ask one more thing, what do you think about my situation here with the fact that I have told you

I really don’t know, it depends on the judge hearing the case.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yeh that’s fine thank you.

Pleasure