How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1979
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

My ex has put in a money claim against me for an item I gave

This answer was rated:

My ex has put in a money claim against me for an item I gave him cash for months ago ... there is also an ongoing case for fraud against him for taking money from my merchant card machine... and again he is claiming it was money owed to him including the item that he has put a claim in for ....can I do a counter claim for the money he took off my card machine before I get a decision from financial crime team as to weathering they are going to prosecute him or not .
JA: Have fraud charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: The financial crime team are gathering it all together to pass to the cps for a decision
JA: Where did the fraud occur?
Customer: At my business Premises
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.


Welcome to JA.

Although there are ongoing criminal investigations regarding the money taken from you, you can still commence a counter claim against your ex for the money taken as this will be a civil matter and the threshold to prove it was him is lower than the criminal matters.

Do you understand what I have stated if yes I will proceed to send a guide on hoh to file a counter claim

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
if I put in a claim it wouldn’t affect any outcome of my case ? I responded to his claim saying that i don’t owe him and that there is a case against him..

It will depending on the outcome and the evidence that comes out the claim I.e maybe if he admits to the claim then you can potentially use that in the criminal matter. Further if the judge states that your ex took the money again you can use this as evidence for the criminal matters.

The guide for the counter claim is attached too

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

However if I have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.


Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Your welcome

Please don't forget to rate the assistance as this will credit me for the assistance provided.

Further rating does not come at any extra costs.


Anthony Chendo and other Law Specialists are ready to help you