Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Thank you for your help I am borrowing funds from a friend

Hello !
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Thank you for your help I am borrowing funds from a friend who is abroad ... with agrement to repay in full over the next 5 years
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: wel we have agreed about the length of loan, it's an interest free loan but we want to put it to paper
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: do i need the loan to be notarised for legal reasons? It's an unsecured loan
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We will use a standard loan agreement and in accordance with English laws (any disputes settled by Courts of England). We are planning to have the document signed and witnessed on both sides, is there anything else we must do for this document to be legally binding? Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Also, do we need to have it signed in hard copy or can I sign it, scan it and email it to him and then received the signed copy form him the same way?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What do you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi ... unfortunately i was under the impression there was no additional charge so i will not be proceeding

If you have paid a fee then it’s that price for online. If you want a call it is extra. Or we can continue online at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have paid £5 for a week-long trial with £50 monthly fee moving forward
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Happy to continue typing, apologies for any misunderstanding

Ok. What is it you want to know about your question?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well simply interested to know whether a loan is legally binding if the loan agreement is not notarised but simply signed (in presence of a witness), scanned and emailed to the lender... who would in turn do the same ... It is with a very close friend with an agreed 5 year no interest repayment
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My friend, the lender, lives abroad but we will use a standard loan agreement and in accordance with English laws (any disputes settled by Courts of England). We are planning to have the document signed and witnessed on both sides, is there anything else we must do for this document to be legally binding? Many thanks

Yes. Nothing in law in the uk which says it has to be notorised. In the uk signed by both parties is enough.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Many thanks for your answer. I certainly will rate 5-star , have a great weekend

Pleasure.