Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

On the 16th of January I have reported a crime to the police

On the 16th of January I have reported a crime to the police as mine and my neighbour's car was vandalized. I was a victim of the car theft. The side front window in my car was smashed and property taken.
I reported this to the Police.In the evening on the same day, while I was sitting in my house I heard the alarm in my car went off. So I went downstairs to see what happened. There was no-one in the garage so I came back to the building. I saw in the corridor a group of people who started to run away after they saw me.I chased them as I had reasonable grounds to suspect that they were up to no good. I managed to stop one of them in the corridor and the rest of them ran away. I realised that he was a kid so I phoned the Police to report what is going on. And the kid went home.He didn't live in our block of flats either his friends.I went back home and after a while Police came to my flat and said that they are arresting me for a kidnap. I gave a statment at the police station and I was released few hours later.I've been informed that one of his colleagues phoned the Police and told that his colleague was kidnapped. Which was not true as I didn't kidnap anyone.I live in the block of flats and to access a building you must have either a key or a fob. So they must have gained the entry somehow.I was a Police Constable myself and this is why I chased those people. I was in contact with the Police and still am in regards ***** ***** any anti-social or suspicious behaviours.NO wyesterday I was phoned by Police Officer and qwas told that I am offered a comunity resolution and case will be closed with NFA.
I dont know what to do because it still will be on dbe enhanced check and on PNC.Can you please help with this situation as I never kidnap anyone.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I would like to know what should I do 
The Police Officer took me from my home in the handcuffs and parade with me like criminalist in the front of my neighbours. 
I opened the door for police officers and I have immediately been arrested despite the fact I wasn't going anywhere and I was complaint and most importantly I didn't kidnap anyone.
Then I was taken to the custody and been released at 3.00 in the morning after I gave my statement.
Now I understand how stressful Police Officer job is as I have been through the Police Officer training myself.But they must be also compliant with the code of practice.
In my opinion I shouldn't be arrested in the first place and I should not be handcuffed and been taken in front of my friends and neighbours.
It was me who was calling and reporting to you about anti-social behaviours in the area. About what was going on in that building that people are scared to get out from theire cars as there are suspicious people in the garage drinking and taking drugs. I phoned you many times.
It was me who was a victim of the crime at that very day. I called the Police as my car window was smashed and shattered as well as one of my neighbour's. 
And it was me who reported to you that group of people ran through the building of the flat where I live and one of them is a kid. I phoned you as I was concerned about my safety and his safety as he was a kid who doesn't live in the building aswell as neither of his friends were. It was late and dark outside but Police on the phone said that he can go home and he went home.
Few minutes after I was arrested for a kidnap.  Now I am out of my job because my London PCO licence is suspended because I was arrested for a kidnap.I have received a letter that on the 6th of February TFL LONDON was informed by Thames Valley Police about my arrest in relation to kidnap. 
All of this is extremely stressful for me and for my family. I am the only one who work at the moment as my wife is on the maternity leave as we have a new born baby.
Now I cannot work because my licence is suspended. 
I honestly believe that what happened to me was wrong.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Now I am offered comunity resolution but I know it still will be on PNC
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
and on enhanced DBS check
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I would like to know if this te best way to deal with it.

Do you want to sue for compensation? I don’t think you would get more than £50,000 or so.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I thought about that but at the moment I would like to know if I should accept a community resolution

It’s up to,you. You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request compensation within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
my main question is what should I do as I was invited on Sunday to the Police station to talk about my situation and I was offered the community resolution. Should I accept the community resolution ? will it affect my claim?

If you accept, yes.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
so what should I do in your opinion

Sue...........

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
are you working as No-Win-No-Fee solicitor?

we can’t be instructed, we are online only.