How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1972
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

I loaned some money to someone. Transferred to his account

This answer was rated:

Hi, I loaned some money to someone. Transferred to his account as loan and it looks like he is not willing to pay back. What can I do to get the money back?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have texted him and tried to call several times. But he doesn’t answer phone. He said he would organise money for yesterday. But nothing received. he was meant to pay it back on New Year
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No


Am sorry to hear about the situation.

Is the value of the amount below 100k?

Anthony Chendo and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it is £3500


The link to commence court proceedings is noted below.

The guidance notes is also attachat


The court fees is also attached too.