marcusmalin
marcusmalin,
66642005

I am wondering whether is there any chance to ask our

Customer Question

Hi Pearl I am wondering whether is there any chance to ask our landlord to reduce the rental fee for a while? Unfortunately due to this pandemic of corona virus my husband lost his income since the beginning of March
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Richmond
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No Thanks
Expert:  marcusmalin replied 18 days ago.

My name is Marcus.

You can ask but the landlord does not have to agree.

However the landlord can be offered a holiday from mortgage payments that in essence can be paid to you.

Further there is law being introduced that a landlord cannot take action against you in these circumstances if you cannot afford the rent.

In short it is a discussion you need to have with your landlord.

Marcus.

Expert:  marcusmalin replied 17 days ago.

I am just making sure that you safely received my last reply.

Marcus.

Expert:  marcusmalin replied 13 days ago.

Hello,I would be most grateful if you could kindly accept my answer to enable me to get credit for it.If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.Thank you.Marcus.