Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I was made redundant on 7 Feb 2020 due to company

Hi, I was made redundant on 7 Feb 2020 due to company restructuring but CNN is with the country on lockdown I am unable to get work to pay my mortgage and bills, what can I do?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: SW19 2HW London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: apart from job hunting. Nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have a 3 year old son who can not go to nursery at the moment. And since I can’t work I have been helping to care for my elderly mother who has Alzheimer’s

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Why were you made redundant and how long had you worked for your employer?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I had worked there for 5.5 years
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I can’t afford for you to call me. Sorry
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Are u there?

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience. I am a little unclear on what your specific query is – can you please clarify? Are you asking what you can do to find a job? Just as a reminder, we are lawyers so I can only help with legal matters rather than suggestion on how to find work. Thanks

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
With the current situation with covid 19 is there anything they are legislating for people in my situation?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It looks like i am in the wrong place for information, how can I ensure I do not get charged £40 in seven days time?

You can cancel the trial in your account on this page.

The only protection you will get is under the already-existing benefits scheme, where you can claim things like universal credit. At present you are unemployed so all you can do is look at getting whatever unemployment benefits are available there – for that you should contact your local JobcentrePlus.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
that’s fine. Please cancel my free trial. Thankyou

Welcome. Please go into your account to do this