How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35970
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Second opinion] I am writing you this email because I need

Customer Question

second opinion] I am writing you this email because I need your advice. I have a T4 Visa my ex-husband holds a dependent visa. We had several police problems, see attachment file (police report).I have been living in the UK for 10 years and my children. I have one daughter (13 years old) and two boys (9 and 8) who are both born in the UK. I and my daughter came to the Uk in 2009.My questions are: What should I do now to renew my visa and it will expired in July? Because I want my children to stay with me. their visa holds dependent visa based on my visa.Do I need a divorce in the UK to renew my visa?Many thanks and regards *****: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I want to divorce from my husband with British low, My friend told me I can do this because I am in the IK around 10 years. And my visa is T4.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: My visa will expire on July.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need to divorce first to renew my and my kids visa
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 8 days ago.

Hi thank you for your question.


Are you not able to apply for indefinite leave to remain as you have been in the UK for 10 years?


Kind regards

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I did understand your question?
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for your reply.


Have you been legally resident in the UK for 10 years?


Kind regards