How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1808
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I am 78 years old,my son lives with me,he has my grandson of

Customer Question

Hello,I am 78 years old,my son lives with me,he has my grandson of 11 50% of the time,can you give me some advice on how we should proceed please?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: This has been an arrangement by court since my Grandson was 3
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Hampshire. The reason I am asking this question is about the Covid 19 situation
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't need a lawyer,I just need advice on what action we should take on isolation
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Is the shared arrangement by court order or by agreement between the parents?

Are you asking due to being in a higher risk group due to COVID19?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am in the higher risk category,I just need to know if my Grandson should be able to stay here or remain at one homestead?
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 12 days ago.

If you are in the high risk category, and the same is not true for his mother's home, then it would probably be in his best interests to remain in his mother's home in order to ensure that you are protected as best you can be during this time.

This is a decision for the parents to make, taking into consideration all the relevant factors and guidance from the government. If there is a court order in place, then they need to agree together and if they can't, then one or other of them will have to apply to court to vary the order.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No,you really haven't made anything any clearer than I already am aware of,I am not interested in the legality as this doesn't come into question,only sensible guidelines at this difficult time!
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 12 days ago.

You're not interested in the legalities? Then why did you post your query in the legal section?

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 7 days ago.

You posted in legal, got a legal answer and then complained that you didn't want the legalities. Your error, but it was my time wasted as I do not get paid when you rate negatively.