Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

If i am contracted and in a PAYE scheme and i get symptoms

If i am contracted and in a PAYE scheme and i get symptoms of this virus, when do i get the new HMRC 80% payment. Will my employer pay this to me if i have to be off work due to these syme
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i am in Bow, East London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i am not ill. however my employer is very poor and they are not answering questions about this.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no only that i work 4 days on and 4 days off

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

How long have you worked for this employer?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
2 years
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
i cannot afford that. sorry. bye

No problem re the phone call and thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience. The payment in question is not paid to you if you have symptoms and have to go off work as a result – that would amount to sickness absence and you will only get sick pay then, as per your contract. If you get no sick pay entitlement then it is just SSP that you will get.

The 80% scheme is only there for employees whose employer cannot offer them work due to the pandemic and whose wages cannot be paid as a result.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thank you very much

All the best