12826847

My husband has become subject to an online Facebook group

Customer Question

My husband has become subject to an online Facebook group and they have clearly been labelling him with many different titles one of which is a pedofile sorry not sure on spelling that’s the worst and I’d like to know if we have a case for liable or slander as this is completely falsified information
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Combe Martin north devon
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have kept all the information reported it to the police who will not take no further action as saying report the group they have actually put my husbands picture as the heading photo
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Do you know who is responsible?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I didn’t know it was going to cost me £5 to be told £44 for a phone call I was told I would receive an answer
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

So you don't want an answer then?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Yes but simply a yes or no to do I have a case for slander but that’s it and that shouldn’t cost £44 to type yes or no
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

It is not that simple I'm afraid. I can't do a simple yes or no and give you accurate information.

All the best.