12826847

Thanks. I own a couple of properties which I rent out via

Customer Question

Thanks. I own a couple of properties which I rent out via AirBnb. AirBnb have from March 14th offered all guests the opportunity to cancel reservations and be fully refunded due to COVID 19. This is contrary to the cancellation policy set up (with AirBnb) for my property. AirBnb have issued a policy but I believe this policy is a) a post contract term and b) is possibly an unfair contract term. The result is that I have lost £1000's in revenue. Is there anything I can do about this?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: UK Law...UK Property...UK Citizen
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've said I can't agree to this policy...they just quote their policy back
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so
Expert:  INC Law replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for your query. Can you provide a copy of your agreement?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I think the agreement is by signing up to AirBnb's terms...I will look
Expert:  INC Law replied 10 days ago.

ok

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I will come back to you. When I have the relevant documentation.
Expert:  INC Law replied 10 days ago.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have the AirBnb terms they stretch to 50 pages. I also have the extenuating circumstances policy (as of March 14th 2020) whatever the previous policy was it was not included with the general terms and conditions but is mentioned in them.
In the T&C's Paragraph 3 states: 3. Modification of these Terms
Airbnb reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time in accordance with this provision. If we make changes to these Terms, we will post the revised Terms on the Airbnb Platform and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of these Terms. We will also provide you with notice of the modifications by email at least thirty (30) days before the date they become effective. If you disagree with the revised Terms, you may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect. We will inform you about your right to terminate the Agreement in the notification email. If you do not terminate your Agreement before the date the revised Terms become effective, your continued access to or use of the Airbnb Platform will constitute acceptance of the revised Terms. No notice was given of change of terms but they did change the extenuating circumstances policy.