Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

If the renter ask for a holiday break for the pandemic

If the renter ask for a holiday break for the pandemic period then what would you do?

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hey I’m a live in landlord and I’m currently renting out rooms in my flat, as the coronavirus is maybe people stopped working, if they are going to ask for a rent holiday then what should I do?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hey I’m a live in landlord and I’m currently renting out rooms in my flat, as the coronavirus is here, maybe people stopped working, if they are going to ask for a rent holiday then what should I do?

That is up to you. Totally up to you.

The Government announced for tenants, but that is mainly ones on an AST rather than a lodger agreement.

So legally there is no right or wrong answer. It is up to you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay I see, dan you explain what is AST? Okay I understand, At the moment I don’t have lodger asking for a holding yet but maybe some future lodger!

Assured Shorthold tenancy. That is ones where Landlord doesnt live in.

Does that clarify?

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate me 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay I will rate you first I still have questions but I will come back to you later x