plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I am making an enquiry about family law and wills,

Customer Question

Hi there,
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am making an enquiry about family law and wills
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London,England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: No steps
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am a carer of my child who is disabled
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am a single mother of three children and I am legally married by the court of law. My husband had died this time last year and before dying he had made a will which consisted my step son being the trustee. As my step son was the trustee along side my two other step daughters being the trustee. My mother in law and I were made beneficiaries along side my three children. It was also stated that I could live in my current house. The will was changed by my step son and one of the trustees was removed. I was also given a 6 month notice to evacuate the place. I do not want my house to be sold, I am afraid he will sell my house. What should I do. I would like some advice as to what I should do
Expert:  plclegal replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is Peter and I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I'm reviewing your question and will revert back to you shortly.

Expert:  plclegal replied 12 days ago.

Can you clarify - when you say the will stated that you could live in your current house - how was this stated/ specified please?

How did your step son change the will?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
In original will, there were three trustees. The current house I am living in, my husband had made special requirements for my disabled son. There was a sentence declaring on the original will that I could stay in the house for how long I want.
He had changed the will by taking out the trustee from the document and the will did look the same
Expert:  plclegal replied 12 days ago.

If the will gives you the right to remain in the property for as long as you want to you can't be served with notice to leave according to its terms. Doing so would also be acting in breach of the trustees duty to act in you and your son's best interests.

Can I clarify anything further?

Expert:  plclegal replied 10 days ago.

Hello.

I didn’t receive confirmation that you received my response to your question.

Was there anything that needed clarifying at all?

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 10 days ago.

Hello.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 7 days ago.
Also, I'll check back in with you in 1 day on 3/29/2020. I can also answer any additional questions that may arise. Don't worry, there's no additional fee for this follow-up.