SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Shall I pay rent for my business during the national

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Shall I pay rent for my business during the national emergency I am a lease holder
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have received his invoice to pay for 3 months ago n advance from today
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He wants rent from today for three months in advance
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 17 days ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. If you are not going to be trading and therefore no revenue you may want to consider not spending money until things are more certain. You will be obliged to pay however if you cant the landlords have been told they cannot look to re-enter or evict you during the next 3 months. You ought to also check the lease wording if it contains a force majeure clause it may cover suspension of rent under these circumstances. I hope this helps and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best