Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a lodger who packed her bags and I don't know where

I have a lodger who packed her bags and I don't know where she is. I think with relatives. Her contract states she must let me know if she will be away for 7 days or more. I am very worried because we have a deadly virus and I don't know who she will be in contact with. Worried for when she comes back using the kitchen bathroom etc.
JA: Where is your lodger? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I don't know. I live in Sutton Surrey I know she has an aunt in Wallingtin but I have no idea if she is there
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to know what I should do to keep myself safe and keep within the law

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I feel my health us at risk. Can I tell her not to come back and retain ber deposit?

Yes.

You can reject her. Force her out onto the street if she tries to come back. Remove her home

So yes, you can.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate me 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.