How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1156
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

I’ve recently divorced from my ex husband, No the divorce is

Customer Question

Hi there, I’ve recently divorced from my ex husband
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No the divorce is finalised - we are working on the financial consent order
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live In staffs, he has filed in Wales- I have court references etc
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The issue is, he took my car, registered in my name two years ago when he left, I was going to sell it for 5k, but he couldn’t get finance for a new one, so I said he could have it for 3k... it’s taken 18monrhs for this divorce to be finalised. He sent me a consent order in Dec which I didn’t receive, now he’s retracting that offer as I didn’t respond “in time” my car is our only asset
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
You told me 8 mins 1hr 30 ago
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 17 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm were you notified about the consent order?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I was notified via post- which I never recieved, and then via email on the 7th jan
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I’m happy to pay you to draft a letter, but your service is advertised as subscription
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
If I had the money available, I wouldn’t be seeking help online
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
So if you can’t help me without an answer please confirm now
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 17 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. You will need to speak to him to renegotiate. You should try to negotiate an arrangement that he will want to agree upon. I would advise that you contact him to understand is current situation and why he changed his mind. If you cannot come to an agreement I would advise that you contact a mediator to help you find an agreement and solution. You can find a mediator here:
I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today