Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I booked and paid for a holiday cottage on the Isle of Luing

I booked and paid for a holiday cottage on the Isle of Luing from 8th May for seven days through a company called LHH. I paid in full, and they issued no contract. They have cancelled all bookings for the next three months. Am I due a refund under Scottish Law?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in London and the rental is in Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have contacted you.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

To enable me to answer your query, please provide me with some further information about your legal issue and how you want a lawyer to help you.

Have they cancelled all bookings due to the Corona Crisis?

Have your paid any money to them?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have paid in full. They have cancelled bookings until August and shut their office.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The current 'lockdown' recommendations are for 30 days only and due for review. It is their prerogative to close and cancel, unless Scottish law is different
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
they issued not contract
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
are you there?

You can claim a refund, less any expenses the seller has incurred in perform the contract so far, or your can accept performance at a later date with the global crisis is over.

Do you still need expert assistance in this matter?

Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd