ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Advocate
Experience:  Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
104128041

We booked & in Rome in Italy from 07/04/2020 to 14/04/2020

Hi there,we booked B&B in Rome in Italy from 07/04/2020 to 14/04/2020 and according to Italy Coronovairus issues and the Italy been locked down we are not able to go ther.I have been contacted and I asked B&B owners to give me full refund back but they are keep saying that my booking was not refundable and they only can offer me voucher to use in the future.
JA: Where is this? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: I made booking on 25/11/2019 by Booking.com
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have Message B&B Sepulveda by Booking. Com and then via WhatsApp personally with B&B owners
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't want Voucher because I don't know if I will be able and fit enough to go to Rome in the next year. I want my money back. Thank you

Hi! this is Readylaw and I will be helping you today. It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience! Please note that during the course of our online conversation, you may be asked if you would like to request a phone call with me. JustAnswer automatically generates these phone call requests without input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests. I can easily help you without a phone call. But if you prefer a phone call, that is also an option.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi there,I am more than happy to have a chat with you about my case

Did you have travel insurance in place?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ryanair insurance europ assistance ref no 3101194310
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
But I am not sure if it covers B&B

Thanks for the information. Kindly give me a minute to type a response.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
We got money back from Flight tickets from Ryanair because ours flight was cancelled by Ryanair but B&B owners don't want to give us full refund

Whether you are entitled to a refund is largely dependent on how the holiday/B& B was booked.

If you booked a non-refundable room and had to cancel your booking because you are worried or because of the travel restrictions in place, I have to be candid in saying that you are unlikely to be entitled to a refund from the provider. The B&B is likely to say that the room is available and the cancellation was not due to any fault on their part.

However, as the government has advised against travel to this area I recommend that you check your travel insurance and the terms and conditions of your accommodation. If you have booked a refundable room and cancel according to the terms and conditions, then you should get a refund from the provider. You may find too that it was a packaged deal. Contact your travel insurance company and also contact the B&B to ask for their terms and condition, you need to look in particular what the terms and conditions say in relation to cancellations due to no fault on your part.

Hope I was able to help. Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Kindly take the time to indicate your acceptance of the answer given. You may do this by clicking on the stars at the top of the page.

All the best

RL

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I didn't cancelled my booking, it's still due from 07/04/2020 to 14/04/2020 but my flight was already cancelled according to the Coronovairus. I am just not physically able to go in April to Rome in Italy because Italy is in locked down.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It's not my fault either

I completely understand that position. The B&B is likely to express similar views. That is why I recommend looking to your insurers, do not dismiss the fact that this is likely to be covered by your policy. Give them a call.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

you are welcome!