How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 27293
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

Can I use profits from previous owned joint property to

This answer was rated:

Can I use profits from previous owned joint property to renovate new property children have power of attorney husband in home
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Can I use profit from previously owned joint property to renovate new property in my sole name children have power of attorney over husbands financial affairs before splitting monies
JA: Where is the home located?
Customer: newhome is a park home in my sole name in gloustershire hhusband in continuing care in Birmingham he hasalzeimers
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years experience.


  1. I am sorry to read of the above. Could you confirm that yor previous home has been sold? I think this is the case from what you say.
  2. You mention your previous home was in joint names. If the property has been sold, presumably this means that the proceeds of sale have been divided as between you and your husband and those monies are now in separate bank accounts. Is that correct?
  3. Are you seeking to use money from your share of the proceeds of sale or money from your husband's share?
Joshua and other Law Specialists are ready to help you