F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

My friend is homeless, his mother has just die, he is

My friend is homeless, his mother has just die, he is benefactor with his brother, solicitor- executor has closed due to virus.
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: She has left a house. What problem could be incurred if he breaks the lock and fits a new one, so he can live there?
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: Liverpool
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Good afternoon. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore i maybe delayed in replying.

you mean he is a beneficiary of the estate?

has he asked his brother if he can move in?

who has the keys?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
He's not in contact with brother. Executer solicitor has keys, they were requiring 2 family members, not brother to verify his identity. He only got one. They have closed up now, leaving him bereft.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Cancel phone call @ £44
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Continue via text
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
You didn't forewarned me of phone charge
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Please continue online chat

do you wish to carry on with chat online?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
So how come you've stopped texting? Is it because you e failed to get the extra £44?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Still available for online conversation?

The offer of a telephone call comes out automatically. It’s optional. You can just ignore it or request it later.

We can continue on here.

I see you have requested a telephone call. You still want to speak.

I am sorry, but this is not a chat service. It’s an email reply board and therefore there may be a delay getting back to you because we have clients and travelling and other users to deal with.

Sometimes we will get back to you in minutes, other times it will be longer.

The only reason I stopped replying is that I wasn’t online. Nothing to do with whether you requested or paid for the telephone call or not.

If the solicitor is the executor and the solicitors office has closed and provided all the beneficiaries are good that he can go into the house to live, I can see no problem in breaking the lock and fitting another one provided he gives the solicitor a key.

He needs to repair any damage.

He needs to get in contact with his brother.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
This is disgraceful to use CAB connection for su h trickery. I will definitely report this to the appropriate authorities

I’m sorry, I don’t understand what you mean about CAB. If you have a problem with CAB you need to take it up with them independently because they are nothing to do with us or vice versa.

You have an answer to your question. Is there anything else that I can help you with.

If you can please rate my service (even if it’s not the answer you wanted) 3 stars or above, I can then refer the matter to Customer Services to get your telephone call free refunded. I can’t do that until you after you have use the rating service positively otherwise it closes the thread. Kind regards

F E Smith, Advocate
Experience: I have been practising for 30 years.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I obtained your number through Citizens Advice Beaurau you didn't tell me you were switching to email any more than you didn't tell me you were charging me £44 for phone call. I have reported you to my bank

Do you want me to arrange a refund of the GBP44? I can get customer services to arrange it for you but you need to give the service a positive rating and then I will refer it.